As a team, we prefer to meet you face-to-face, and show you our school and all the exciting learning environments we have to offer. So please feel free to give us a call or WhatsApp us on +971 56 439 3991, +971 4 320 8000, email on email@example.com or simply drop by as we would be excited to meet you.
We can either prearrange a tour for you and your family or if you come and visit us, we will try and accommodate a tour if we can. Our team will be happy to show you our facilities, discuss our exciting Project-Based Learning Curriculum and let you meet the team here at Vernus International School.
Once you have decided that Vernus International School is the place for your child, please fill out our Registration Form providing all the information required, this can be done online or while you are at the school. Once the form is completed and received, you will be requested to pay an AED 525 application fee to register your child with us. The amount can be made payable in person at our accountant’s office, or by bank transfer.
Once the Registration Form is received, you will be contacted to schedule an assessment for your child. A non-refundable, non-deductible AED 525 will need to be submitted in order for the assessment to take place. Payment can be made prior to or on the day of the assessment. Please ensure to send forth or bring valid copies of the following:
- Passport of child
- Visa of child
- Emirates ID of child (front and back)
- Most recent nursery/school reports (preferably of the last 2 years if present)
- Any medical, or diagnostic reports, IEP’s/ILP’s (Individualized Educational/Learning Plans), and therapist’s reports – if applicable. It is essential that detailed history on child’s Special Educational Needs be shared with the Admissions at VIS in advance
Once your child is assessed, you will receive feedback within 24 hours to proceed with his/her registration. At this stage you will be asked to submit valid copies of:
- Child’s Birth Certificate (English or Arabic)
- Immunization/Vaccination Records
- 6 recent passport photographs of child
- Leaving Certificate from child’s former school (if moving within Dubai), or attested Transfer Certificate* if child is relocating from other Emirates or overseas
- Parents’ passports
- Parents’ visas
- Parents’ Emirates ID’s (front and back)
Upon receiving all documents relevant to child’s registration, a deposit equivalent to 10% off yearly tuition fees will need to be remitted in order to secure child’s place for the new academic year.
For children registering from overseas, school’s Registration Form will need to be sent completed along with copies of the child’s passport and birth certificate. Contacts for the child’s school will need to be provided as well for reference: class teacher’s email and registrar’s email address; and an attested Transfer Certificate* for child’s enrollment to be complete. Any documents that require translation, will need to be stamped and signed off as official translation.
*Transfer Certificates: A Transfer Certificate (TC) is the document required by the UAE Ministry of Education to register students relocating to schools in Dubai. This form should be provided by the child’s current school – using their letterhead – and signed and stamped by the school. Transfer Certificates should be requested close to the date of withdrawal of your child to reflect his/her last day of school.
Note: Transfer Certificate may/may not need to be attested according to the country the child will be relocating from. Please see illustration below:
- United States, Canada, Western Europe, Australia or New Zealand: stamp and signature of the school only
- Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) countries: stamp and signature of the school and Ministry of Education of the GCC country
- All other countries: stamp and signature of the school, the country’s Ministry of Education and Foreign Affairs, and the UAE Embassy in that country
**UAE Residence Visas and Emirates IDs can be supplied at a later stage if you are yet to relocate to Dubai.
Age Placement Chart per Grade Level
Admissions at VIS comply with KHDA’s rules, regulations, and age cut-off requirements. The table below illustrates the grade level per age group:
|Age by 31st of August||American Curriculum||British Curriculum||French Curriculum|
|5||KG2||Year 1||Ecole Maternelle|
|6||Grade 1||Year 2||CP (Cours préparatoire)|
|7||Grade 2||Year 3||CE1 (Cours élémentaire)|
|8||Grade 3||Year 4||CE2|
|9||Grade 4||Year 5||CM1 (Cours moyen|
|10||Grade 5||Year 6||CM2|